Thursday 17 July 2014

QPR sign Rio Ferdinand.

QPR sign Rio Ferdinand on a free transfer.

QPR has signed former Man Utd defender Rio Ferdinand on a free transfer.
  The 35-year old has agreed a one-year deal with the just promoted club, following his release from Manchester United at the end of last season.
The former England captain who passed his medical today told the club's website:
  "I spoke to Harry and Mr Fernandes at length.I think they both looked me in the eye and knew i still have something to offer.
  "I had a lot of offers from all over the world, some in places with a better climate than here. But the draw for me was to play in the Premier League and back here where it all started.
  "Its not about the money, i had loads of more lucrative offers available to me.I still feel i've got something to offer and i'm excited about helping this club cement its place in the Premier League".
QPR boss Redknapp also added:
  "I signed Rio as a 14 year old.He was class on the field and off the field then, and he's continued in that manner throughout his career".
He also said:
  "During his time at Man Utd, he was the best defender in Europe if not the world.
  "To bring him to QPR, when he's still got so much to offer in terms of his quality, class, experience and know-how is a remarkable coup for the club".
This signals QPR first signing of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment